2017年9月7日 星期四

【Ingrid's Life】A Postcard is worth a thousand words! A Postcard is a Gift!


A friend sent me a postcard on a trip to Japan. It’s a just single slice of paper written less than a hundred words, but worth a thousand words. She signed her name Julia with a single word “LOVE”, a powerful word imprinted in my mind.

This postcard was landing in my postbox at the right time, not too earlier or too late. I shall feel grateful for the arrangement from God. A few months ago, I, Ingrid, a pregnant career woman had double works, double loadings from my workplace in the day time and home at the night. Oh, triple loadings perhaps? My baby boy needed nutrition from me “ALL THE DAY!” Day and night, busy and exhausted, a postcard from Japan may make me happy at that time, but might not last long. 5 minutes, I guess. First, line Julia a message and then hang up the postcard next to bookshelves. That’s all. Oh, don’t forget the laundry is waiting for you. Your 2-year-old daughter needs the comfort……And you have to plan and execute weekend activities or your kid will feel bored…

Today, I look at the postcard on my desk. Umm…it’s landing at the perfect time. To take a baby caring leave seems lonely, isolated from the society; actually my mind is enriched with peace and gratitude. And I find my way back to appreciate for anything if I could call it beauty or art. This postcard is a transformation of art, “art of friendship.”

Beyond expectation, a postcard of hundred words brings me lots of joy. A postcard brings me back to those beautiful memories of friendship, leadership and self-growth achievement in Toastmasters club. I’ve left Legacy for half a year because of family. In this September, I got a postcard with the best wish from Julia, a very good friend met in Legacy club. I show gratitude from the bottom of my heart for a couple of days. So, now, I expect myself, "don’t forget to leave room for myself, to read literature, to think deep and to appreciate for aesthetics when I return to the workplace" (we all know it’s hard to do though).  

Dear Julia,
Thanks for the lovely message. It means a lot to me. 
It is worth a thousand of words.
Love you too and hope to see you soon!
Cheers,
Ingrid

沒有留言:

張貼留言